Dr. Ahmed is a periodontist dedicated to comprehensive, patient-focused treatment of gum disease, bone loss and dental implant therapy. Dr. Ahmed is committed to provide the highest quality of care, believing that oral health is the gateway for overall health.
Dr. Ahmed conducts a thorough examination and spends time discussing with the patient and the referring doctors all options available for treatment. He provides non-surgical, surgical and laser treatment services, as needed. Dr. Ahmed is a LANAP® provider.
Education and Professional Involvement
Dr. Ahmed earned his Advanced Graduate Education certificate in Periodontology and Doctorate of Medical Sciences degree from Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
He is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Periodontology at the
Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine.
He had earned his DMD degree from Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine and. He continues to pursue lifelong education through his research at The Forsyth Institute, and membership in professional organizations including the American Academy of Periodontology, American Dental Association, American Association of Dental Research, Academy of Osseointegration and International Congress of Oral Implantology.
Dr. Ahmed won several awards during his education and training:
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Award
- Boston University Award for Patient Care and Practice Management
- Award of the Northeastern Society of Periodontists
- Award of the American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- American Academy of Dental Research Dentsply Award in Basic Science Research
- Dr. Ahmed been placed on the Best Doctors List in America for 2017
- American Academy of Periodontology
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Association of Dental Research
- International Association of Dental Research
- Massachusetts Dental Society
Outside the Office
When he is not working, Dr. Ahmed likes to spend time with is family, whether watching them play their sports, dine or travel out of state. He enjoys playing soccer and squash. He also likes to read about science and history.